Monday, January 25, 2010

Duthie's staff


When Carol Dale joined Duthie’s, she recalls, “The first question Bill asked me was, ‘How are your feet?’ I think he had someone working there at that time whose feet gave out at about three every afternoon. I told him that I thought my feet were fine. So then he asked, ‘How’s your handwriting?’ I’d expected him to ask if I had any experience, but feet and handwriting were on his mind. So that was that.”

Carol Dale, Jane Flick, Bob, Gloria Kavanagh, David Hutchinson and Paul Schussler; some of the many storied Duthies' staff from the early days.

1 comment:

  1. When I applied, Bill asked me if I'd ever read a book! Nervous as I was, I swallowed and said I'd written them. Hired and stayed 27 years and read lots of books thanks very much. Greg Dexter

    ReplyDelete